West of England Estates Management is an independent Estate Management and Lettings Agent, established over 20 years ago and based in the centre of the World Heritage City of Bath.
Trading as West of England Residential, our lettings team have a wealth of experience and local knowledge holding qualifications from the National Federation of Property Professionals and also the Institute of Residential Property Management.
We undergo regular training and are current members of the Association of Residential Managing Agents and The Property Ombudsman.
All our tenants are subject to a referencing procedure through our online referencing agent, Rent4Sure. A standard reference would include a job reference, previous landlord reference and a basic credit check.
There is an income requirement that must be reached to pass the referencing, 30x the monthly rent as gross annual income between the named tenants. If we require a guarantor on the account, the income requirement would be slightly higher for them, 36x.
Our standard procedure
- The applicant(s) view the property and decide they’d like to proceed
- West of England gather details relevant to the tenancy
- West of England ask for landlord’s consent to proceed
- West of England send required documentation and clarification of agreement through to applicant(s)
- Applicant(s) pay advance rent (holding deposit) of 1 weeks’ rent
- West of England start the online referencing procedure through our 3rd party referencing agency – Rent4Sure
- Applicant(s) fill out forms received via email from Rent4Sure
- West of England review the application and ask Rent4Sure to proceed
- Rent4Sure confirm information given is accurate and gather credit score, landlord and employment references
- Rent4Sure issue Final Referencing Report
- West of England confirm move in date and issue formal Tenancy Agreement
- 3 days prior to start date, applicant pays final invoice and books a time to attend the office and collect keys
- Applicant(s) attend office on day of move, sign documents, collect keys and take occupation of the premises subject to contract
West of England conform to all current regulations, including the Tenant Fees Act 2019. As such, no agency fees are charged to incoming Tenants except in rare and regulation specified scenarios.